- Skyroot Aerospace Pvt Ltd is an Indian private aerospace manufacturer and commercial launch service provider.
- The company was founded in 12 June 2018.
- Headquartered at Hyderabad which was hounded by former enginners of ISRO.
- Founded by Pawan Kumar Chandana, Naga Bharath Daka.
- Vikram-S, India’s first privately developed rocket, developed by startup Skyroot Aerospace Private Limited, lifted off at 11.30 AM on 18th November, 2022 from ISRO’s Launchpad in Sriharikota. The rocket reached an altitude of 89.5 kilometers which was splashed into the Bay of Bengal. The rocket was 6 metre tall.
- The mission was titled as Prarambh.
- When USA has Space-X, India has Skyroot.
- Funding of Skyroot is 17Mn. While Space-X has raised a total of $10B
- Vikram I, Vikram II & Vikram III are three different rockets with different payloads.
(Image Courtesy: Skyroot Aerospace Pvt Ltd )